Perfect for little dippers. Can you guess how it turns purple?
Prep Time: 5 minutes Makes: one cup Serving Size: 3 Tbsp
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained (keep the liquid)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can of beets (only the juice will be used)
- 1 package of pita bread
- Variety of raw vegetables, cut for dipping (carrots, celery, broccoli, etc)
- Salt to taste
- Measuring spoons
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Serving plate
- Combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Put the contents of the bowl into the food processor and blend on low speed, gradually adding about 1/2 cup beet juice and 1/4 cup of reserved garbanzo bean liquid, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Cut vegetables and pita bread into bite-sized pieces, arrange on a plate and serve along with the hummus.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.